Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy 14th Anniversary to Us!


Well, Lance and I have made it 14 years together as of yesterday. How lucky am I to have married him! Even though we are so different in many ways, he is constantly teaching me and showing me a better way to be. I love him! He is a fabulous father and one of the hardest workers I have ever met. We spent the morning doing what every wife dreams of doing on her anniversary-knocking on doors and talking to people about Prop. 8- the marriage amendment, (yet ironically appropriate for the day). He took the boys on one side and I took the girls on the other side. A lot of people were gone but we had some interesting conversations. We found a good mix of opinions. Some definitely against, one a little rude about it too, some weren't sure, and some definitely for it. However, out of all those for it, not one would commit to help or even put a sign in their yard. People are a little afraid to make known what they believe on this issue , which is too bad. Knocking on doors is so far out of my comfort zone. I was glad I had the girls with me to help remind me of why I am doing this. Tonight we are having a "cottage meeting" to try to raise more donations from members. After knocking doors, we went to swim in a friend's pool for a little bit to cool off and have some fun. My children are swimming much better now then they were at the beginning of summer. Lance and I went out shopping and out to dinner to celebrate and had a very nice time. We both managed to find some good deals on clothes which is always a bonus. We can't wait to start school on Tuesday! Our schedule is already filling up. It will be fun to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment