Sunday, November 2, 2008

Prop 8 Countdown

I can't wait until the election is over! And yet, I am a little concerned about what the outcome might be on certain things. Lance and I spent yesterday morning hanging door hangers for prop 8. Of course, it was pouring rain. I had a little nostalgic feeling come over me for my mission. I remember being tired, cold and soaking wet for much of the time. However, just going up to a door and hanging something on it was much easier! We came home dried off and dressed the kids and left to a busy corner by the mall to hold our signs for prop 8. I was told up and down this busy street there were around 2000 volunteers for prop 8 holding and waving signs throughtout the day. Most of the children thought it was kind of fun to see how many people were there supporting the same thing we were and all the cars that honked for it. It was great to see so many of our youth, families and older folks. Of course, there was oppostion but not even close to the numbers we had there. We stood on sidewalk with our signs for about an hour and a half. By then, the children were cold and tired. We now have eight pages of people to call before Tuesday to remind them to vote.
We have all recovered from our latest "bug", thank heavens. I had a little bit of a burnout week last week on school. I think I have had too many other things on my mind. The children didn't seem to mind. And, of course, Halloween didn't help. We had a fun chili cook-off and trunk or treat. The children came home with plenty of candy to last and have been making trades all weekend. Hopefully, fair trades- you know how older brothers can be! It started raining at the end which was nice because it helped everyone leave a lot quicker for the cleanup committee. But it is over and now we can start on the next holiday. Christmas music is already playing, thanks to Lexi.

No comments:

Post a Comment