Monday, February 22, 2010

My car accident











I was in a car accident last month that was quite a shake up for me but luckily no one was hurt. I am doing fine- a little sore in the back and a bruise on my knee.I hope my back won't get worse and I am grateful I am in such good shape- blessing #1. Blessing #2 was that the children were not with me. They were at my friend, Jenny's house, and I was on my way to pick up Jason from basketball. Blessing #3- no one was hurt and we all walked away fine, no one had to go to the hospital. Blessing #4- the accident happened right in front of a fire station. The response time was impressively speedy! Blessing # 5- Our car was not an expensive one so to know that it was totalled did not crush us- unlike the young man's car that hit me- a rather nice Mercedes. Blessing #6 - my friend Jenny was my first phone call to get Jason and she came to be with me at the accident- it made all the difference in the world to have a friend there! Blessing #7-Heavenly Father was protecting me and all involved and was "with me whithersoever I goest" (Love this years YW theme!) I have a small suspicion that the young man involved was talking on his cell phone but I will never be sure. I didn't even see him coming.
We have since purchased a new car and the beautiful thing is that it is completely paid for- that was our first priority. It just isn't fair to get your car totalled when you only have one more payment to make. We again found a great deal in San Francisco. I believe there is not a strong demand for minivans and they just want to get rid op them!

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy you are okay! I told Mike we might have to fly to San Francisco when we buy a car. He thinks that would be fun, but just hates the idea of a minivan.

    ReplyDelete