Thursday, June 25, 2009

Trek

Trek was absolutely amazing. I can say that so easily now that I am home, fully rested with my nice, soft, bed. We spent 3 days in the mountains while the youth of our stake pushed handcarts up and down hills and learned more about the lives of those pioneers who sacrificed so much. I was so impressed with their ability to be physically exhausted but gave so few complaints. The leaders put on an amazing journey and my only regret is that all of our youth did not go. The scenery was beautiful. As, I was driving home and hit traffic, a little feeling of dread came over me, reminding me of all the things we face here in our day. It was so pleasant to be away completely from the media and so many bad influences that we face. I did miss my bed and the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment