Sunday, February 15, 2009

Baptism Blessings
















Lexi was baptized on February 7th! It was such a special day for her. She had Grandma Lia and Grandpa Bill come and be here for her special day. I am so glad they made it on the first flights out! We had a special lunch just for her. She wanted parmesan chicken, mashed potatoes and strawberries and I added some squash which she did not want. The baptismal service was very nice. Grandpa Bill did a fabulous job on his talk on the Holy Ghost. He made Mom and myself cry which, he commented, is not hard to do. I am so grateful for his testimony. Lexi was baptized on the same day as 4 others from church and it was wonderful to have so many ward friends there as well as Mom and Dad. We went to Wendy's for dinner afterward which was Lexi's choice, too. Devon and Jason would not come in and eat with us because they were embarrassed to be in church clothes. I know the 3 strangers in Wendy's at the time would have mocked them silly. They missed out on dinner because of it. Whatever! I am so proud of Lexi's decision to be baptized. She couldn't wait to get her own set of scriptures and has been reading them diligently. She is such a sweetie. Lance baptized her and confirmed her and luckily he stumbled on the prayer for the baptism because I was not seated where I could see yet. We had fun with Grandma and Grandpa playing games and we are so glad they came!

No comments:

Post a Comment