Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to reality

I feel like I have been running all week trying to play catch-up. Returning home Saturday night and rushing to get ready for 9am church was just the beginning. We spent the week taking down all of Christmas and getting back into school. I thought I was pretty prepared but Monday morning came and I was out of printer ink and couldn't print off a lot of Lauren's sheets. I had to go first thing to pick some up and there was a constant need for something after that. Devon is doing so much better on his "R" sound and I think we are getting close to stopping speech. We will see what happens at our meeting this week. Devon went for his yearly check at the cardiologist this week. He still has his murmur but the doctor said not to worry. We will just keep going in once a year to check and have an occasional echo. Our teacher came Friday morning to check our assignments and that went well. She is a great help and support for me. That afternoon we had our co-op and read books about winter and painted snowflakes with glitter paint. The boys had their long anticipated air-soft gun war with friends and some neighborhood kids and they had a great time. The weather had been throwing me off this week. It is freezing in the morning and night (of course it is all relative to Minot, ND) and then we get up to the 50's and 60's during the day. Lance spent a lot of yesterday afternoon cleaning up the yard, watering, since we haven't had much rain, and fertilizing. Then, this morning there is a white layer of frost on everything. The girls put there bathing suits on and jumped on the tramp with the sprinklers. It was still a little nippy for my taste but they wanted to do it. I guess I be ready for the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment